Image by glennfrancosimmons_
"Willys-Knight is an automobile that was produced between 1914 and 1933 by the Willys-Overland Company of Toledo, Ohio," according to Wikipedia.
Willys-Knight’s was based in Toledo, Ohio from 1915-1937. It also had an assembly plant in Elyria, Ohio, from 1913 to 1915.
This 1927 Willys-Knight was photographed at the 2010 Good Guys’ West Coast Nationals car show in Pleasanton, Calif.
"John North Willys purchased the Edwards Motor Car Co. of Long Island, New York, in 1913, moving the operation to Elyria, Ohio, where Willys
owned the plant that had previously manufactured the Garford automobile," according to Wikipedia.
"Production began with a four-cylinder model which was priced in the ,500 price range. The Willys-Knight employed a Knight sleeve valve engine, generally four- and six-cylinder models.
"In 1915, Willys moved assembly of the Willys-Knight to Toledo, Ohio, but continued manufacturing the engines in Elyria. Willys-Knight introduced a sleeve-valve V8 in 1917, which was sold until 1919.
"Willys-Knight enjoyed a production run average of 50,000 cars per year after 1922. Willys also purchased Stearns-Knight of Cleveland, Ohio, which also used a sleeve valve Knight Engine, making that marque the crown jewel in his growing automotive empire.
"Willys-Knight production ended in November 1932 (model year 1933) when the company, in receivership, stopped building higher priced cars, and instead focused on the manufacture of the inexpensive but durable Willys 77."